Code of Ethics
- Hits: 1486
All of our club members know, understand, and support a code of ethics that governs our behavior and reflects our strong sense of responsibility toward each other, dog sports, clubs, and the dogs.
Code of Ethics
The Red River Standard Schnauzer Club (“RRSSC”) establishes its Code of Ethics (“Code”) in accordance with its objectives as set forth in ARTICLE I, Section 2 of the RRSSC Constitution and Bylaws.
Implicit in membership in the RRSSC is the understanding and full acceptance of the Code. As an American Kennel Club (“AKC”) and Standard Schnauzer Club of America (“SSCA”) specialty club, RRSSC supports the Code of Ethics and Conduct regulations of these organizations. A violation or blatant disregard for the Constitution and Bylaws, Code and American Kennel Club (“AKC”) Rules and Regulations may result in discipline as set forth in Article VI of the RRSSC Constitution and Bylaws up to and including suspension of RRSSC membership or permanent expulsion from the RRSSC.
As a member, I will
1. Comply with the Rules and Regulations of the AKC, the Constitution and Bylaws of the SSCA and RRSSC, and the Code of Ethics of the RRSSC.
2. Conduct myself in a manner that reflects positively on myself, the breed, the RRSSC and the board and committees of the RRSSC.
3. Exhibit good sportsmanship and goodwill inside and outside the ring (or place of exhibition) at all dog-related events in accordance with the AKC precepts of good sportsmanship.
4. Conduct myself at all times in manner as to reflect credit on the sport of purebred dog showing and Standard Schnauzers in particular. This includes respect for the show site, convention center, hotels, motels, convention centers, and in accordance with AKC rules and regulations that apply.
5. In my dealings with others, I will honestly represent myself.
6. Refrain from the use of slanderous or defaming statements or innuendo against another breeder, specific kennel, dog, RRSSC, Judges, etc. on any public forum (including social media) and will promote an environment free of harassment and discrimination.
7. Not bring dishonor to the RRSSC nor to the breed.
8. I have agreed, by my membership, to preserve and protect the Standard Schnauzer breed and the sport of dogs.
9. Be a responsible dog owner, treating my dogs humanely by providing them with adequate food, water, shelter, veterinary care, exercise, grooming, socializing, and training necessary for my dogs to be good family companions.
10. Make every effort to learn the current Standard Schnauzer Breed Standard and all breed inherited traits.
11. Honor all agreement that I freely enter in to concerning Standard Schnauzers and Standard Schnauzer related activities.